20080107

*GoodBye For Now*

Well lets see, today is Monday January 6th and its been a long day. Not much work but I did sit through pre deployment briefs all day and also got to meet my stafff non commisioned officer in charge (SNCOIC) for my deployment. Her name is Gunnery Sergeant Fulgencio and I love her attitude. She used to be a drill instructor, so her myself and six other female marines had some fun times sharing stories today at chow.
I checked into my new unit MWHS-3 in Miramar, California on Thursday and will be here until January 18th. On January 18th, we will flying out from the Air Force base into Kuwait where we will spend one night and then continue on a C130 to Al Asaad. We will be spending two days in Al Asaad doing weapons training and then hoping onto a helo and heading to Camp Korean Village (KV) for two days for ground fighting. From there we will take a convoy up to JBCC. Truthfully, I am not sure what JBCC stands for but if I took a guess I would say Joint Batallion Command Center. We will actually be gaudring three checkpoints near JBCC which is near Rupa village and the Syria boarder.
There is Corporal out here in Miramar who will be going with me who just returned from doing the lioness prgram four months ago and went to that same location. She had some crazy stories, some I will keep to myself and share all when I get back. To make you laugh a little at me I will tell you some things such as she said to expect an average of one shower a month, share a hooch (semant floor and walls) with all of us and it is about the size of my barracks room, We will be eating MRE's that convoys bring out to us from KV, but when we are hit with mortors and the convoys are unable to make it we will be eating Iraqi bread, cheese, and lamb.. MMMM!! We also use the bathroom in a bag and then burn it..
Out there we will be attatched with a grunt unit and the ratio of guys to girls is about 25::1. For those who don't know exactly what I will be doing or what the Lioness prgram is here it goes: I will be searching Iraqi women. Simple right? Well here are some horror stories.. lets just say we "credit card swipe" them (if you dont know what that is, ask around someone should) and those who are on the rag, well they don't use tampons or pads over there. We were told the number one thing to pack is gloves! They also get nervous and pee on you..
I think I will stop there because I know you are either laughing very hard at me or freaking out and neither is good, LOL. So wish me luck because its going to be one hell of an experience! See you in April!! LOVE YOU!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i know i'm not suppose to be saying ohrah but i feel like it when i hear the stuff you had to say. i'm a little grossed out by it all. do you need any money for extra gloves, because we'll all wire you some for sure. It was a great update. thanks. and did you volunteer for this? LOL. I'm proud of you.

amy said...

I would take some extra pads with you and share!!! some nasty bitches over there!!! LOL!!! I want to here the scary parts because then it keeps it real so tell me the stories when I call you. I am strong enough to hear it all!!!!!

uncle ned said...

ENOUGH why do u get to have all the fun?
Someone has to do it. I am glad it is u and not me. One more good reason to get out of there. love you and i keep u in my prayers.

Connie said...

Well it should make for some great stories when you get back home. Be prepared (sounds like you are) and stay safe.

Michelle said...

gross... lucky you lol ... yeah, do you want some gloves?...we will mail you some lol... good luck and be safe! love you!

Van-Go said...

Yea, gross....look forward to your return with stories to tell...be safe. We too are proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Whoever said "sorry" is the hardest word to say, must not have ever had to say "good-bye". I love the card Tracy. You are truely the sweetest thing. love you baby girl. mom

Anonymous said...

Ok Girl. Be Good and Be SAFE well safe as you can in the sandbox. I will leave you all guessing who this is. You can call me Uncle Cool.

Connie said...

Tra,
Just wondering if you have left Germany yet on your way to Kuwait. We are thinking of you every day. Marines are so cool.

uncle ned said...

HAY MOM lets get some help here, I no we r all busy but a quick update on our HERO would b good. extra prayers for Tracy untill she comes back from that nasty place. Also thanks every day for her being there for all of us.

Anonymous said...

do you know how to fly a plane yet?? If so get on one and fly it home!!!

uncle ned said...

Hay mom U could help out with this blog. Just a short post to let her frends know she is doing ok, or not, juet a suggestion. She is our HERO. ned

Michelle said...

hey could we get an update... maybe a picture of you on us soil after a nice hot shower LOL! miss you girl! see you in JUNE!