20071017

The Cliffs

This right here is one of the best parts of being stationed in Yuma. When I first got here last winter, all I heard was just for the summer when we go to the wash and the cliffs.. Finally the time came. First they took me out to the wash, my version of Lake Fenton. You can wakeboard, ski, ride jet skis, and all that good stuff out there and we like to camp. Pop up a few tents next to the water with a bonfire and some beer, makes for a pretty good night. For a few months we were out there every weekend and then we seemed to slowly stop going ..



And we started going to the cliffs. I would say its about a mile hike out there, and im not saying hike lightly. Its a good walk.. Down some hills, up some mountains, through the loose gravel and under the trees, literally. I always feel bad for the one who has to carry the cooler, good things its never me!

Walk..Walk..Walk..

And finally your there.. to the top that is. Its beautiful!! Its about a 35 foot jump, not bad at all, and the water is deep enough you will never hit.
There is two sides, usually we put all of our stuff down on one and then when you jump you can swim to the other side and jump from there. Sure is work out to keep climbin up.. and after your first time out, you will never again forget your tennis shoes! The first picture below is Matt and I climbin up the far side and then the other one is right after we jumped.


All in all, its an awesome time! So come to Yuma and Ill take you there!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that shows just how different the Yuma area is from the Lake Fenton area. It looks like SCARY fun. I liked the picture of you going through the air.. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see a new blog from you...Keep up the good work.

Love grandma

Connie said...

That looks like so much (scary) fun. The climb back up looks like a fitness test. Terrific photos - I also like the one of you jumping in. It is great to be able to catch up with you this way.

Van-Go said...

Oh my! The only better jumps are in Hawaii...never did them but did watch. You go girl!

djhauk said...

you go girl. i'm sorry we didn't make the cliffs when i was there because i'd be jumping for sure. lol. you rock my world girl. love you - mom